This is me...

Hey there! So glad you landed upon my little blog spot on earth! I'm trying to keep it real and hold myself accountable and figured venturing out into the public just might do the trick! So follow me...I can only promise that I will be honest, brutally honest most of the time...so if you don't like that, then move on! And if you choose to stay...glad you found me! Join me on the adventure of my lifetime...it's the NEXT forty years of my life...if the first forty is any indication of the next...well, it will be interesting to say the least...



Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Commitment to ME

I make commitments all the time!  I agree to bring things do things, show up, etc.  I honor those commitments.  However the commitments I make to myself, I just don't seem to care about.  It's okay to let myself down but not anyone else?  How ridiculous does that sound?  But I know I am not alone in this.  I have made several commitments to my weight loss and to my writing.  Yet here I am months later, with little done with either.

So here I am, with yet another Day 1 of the rest of my life.  I WILL write here daily. Even if it's nothing much.  Even if I'm too tired and really want to just finish the book I'm reading.  Even if I am angry or sad.  Even if the day has been awesome and I feel like I don't have too much to complain out or say!

Secondly, I will work on not eating as much.  I'm not going to go on a diet.  I'm not going to set myself any goals except these:  I will eat less.  I will drink more water and I will vow to get more exercise.  That won't be too hard to do because currently I do NONE!  So if I just walk out my front door, down to the stop sign and back that will be more than I did today!

The fact is, time is moving in warp speed.  The time we think we will have tomorrow will be gone.  My children are growing up so fast and I still feel like I'm 17 and plotting out where my life will go.  The truth is, it's gone...it goes everyday, whether I make plans for the day or not.  I want to be more present in my life and in the decisions I make.

So here's to always having the opportunity to 'start again' until we take our last breath...and even then I believe we might get to accomplish more than we know!  Thanks for joining my ride...

xoxo
kim

2 comments:

  1. I am so in the same place with everything you wrote. Time is going at warp speed, I want to make myself write everyday, I need to drink lots of wather... and the list goes on. I love your honesty and I am here to support you! Good luck with your endeavor to publish. YOU.WILL.DO.IT! (I hope to do the same one day too!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's amazing the support you can find from others who's dreams are the same as yours! I'll push you, if you will push me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete