This is me...

Hey there! So glad you landed upon my little blog spot on earth! I'm trying to keep it real and hold myself accountable and figured venturing out into the public just might do the trick! So follow me...I can only promise that I will be honest, brutally honest most of the time...so if you don't like that, then move on! And if you choose to stay...glad you found me! Join me on the adventure of my lifetime...it's the NEXT forty years of my life...if the first forty is any indication of the next...well, it will be interesting to say the least...



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hormones? Yep...that was the missing link

I guess we are basically a slave to our hormones our entire life!  First we spend years getting ready to hit puberty and all it's wonders...then comes the 'birthing' years, which could potentially last well until your fifties.  Then comes the most dangerous and devious of them all for women...menopause!  I see those stupid commercials talking about how it doesn't have to be that bad and blah blah blah!  IT SUCKS!  It totally and completely does...and anyone who says it doesn't is LYING!

I had a partial hysterectomy in 2002 and then a second one in 2006!  I got nothing inside now!  I remember it being described to me as this:  imagine normal menopause as this, you are driving in a car at 55 mph and gradually you put the breaks on, very gradually until eventually the car slows and stops.  That's how it's suppose to happen.  But to someone who is 35 it is more like going 55 mph straight into a brick wall!  It's done...it's over!

So, I have been going to the same female doctor for the last three years.  At each check up, the only thing she talks about is my weight.  And at my last visit in December, I was totally dejected!  She basically said, or at least what I heard was:  You are fat.  Eat less.  Exercise more.  Good bye!

I had become to think that the hot flashes, the moodiness, the irritability, the memory loss...EVERYTHING was because I was fat!  Well, turns out...not so much!  I know many fat chicks, and none of them were having the kinds of 'sweaty fits' that I did!  And now, I'm not having them either! 

I went to a male doctor...and while I thought I would be more comfortable with a woman because she should know what's going on...turns out...not so much!!  He laughed when I told him what she had said and he said, "I might not be a woman, but it's really all about biology!"  Doesn't hurt that his wife had been on the same two drugs I had and he KNEW from experience that it wasn't working!

I have been on this patch since last Thursday and physically I feel totally different!  It's really amazing!

I still can't seem to find time to do this everyday yet...but I'm getting there..it's baby steps!

xoxo
k

No comments:

Post a Comment