This is me...

Hey there! So glad you landed upon my little blog spot on earth! I'm trying to keep it real and hold myself accountable and figured venturing out into the public just might do the trick! So follow me...I can only promise that I will be honest, brutally honest most of the time...so if you don't like that, then move on! And if you choose to stay...glad you found me! Join me on the adventure of my lifetime...it's the NEXT forty years of my life...if the first forty is any indication of the next...well, it will be interesting to say the least...



Monday, October 18, 2010

And so it begins

I'm not very good at keeping promises I make to myself, so today I thought that if I started a public blog, and wrote down my goals and such, that maybe it would help me stick to them. 

Truth is...I will be 40 in 12 days!  I really don't know how that happened.  I don't feel that much different than I did when I graduated from high school.  I still have hopes, dreams and aspirations.  I've just been derailed a bit over the last twenty years.  However, it's never too late...at least until my heart stops beating.  Then and only then, will this life truly be over and will I not have the opportunity to adjust my hopes and dreams on a daily basis.

This much is true (at least for today):
I am fat (yes, I really, really am)
I am almost forty (like I said before...12 short days)
And more than anything else I want to be a published author...but for now, I am just a writer!

I completed a 108,363 word novel this summer.  It is called 'Collide'.  I think it's a GREAT book!  I love my characters, Carsen and Christian.  I love their story.  I love their voices.  I love their honesty and the fact that they own the mistakes they make, with little excuses.  Of course, it takes them some time to figure out they made mistakes, need to be forgiven and need to step up.  But, that's what makes it a good story.

I am writing another novel now.  I am writing about how I almost died.  TRUE story!  That happened four years ago...and I guess I thought I would now be skinny and wealthy and have all the answers about life...like in the movies when a main character goes through some crazy trauma.  Unfortunately, my life is NOT like the movies or the actors who play in them.  Nothing about my life is glamorous or even remotely beautiful (well my children are).

So, here on this blog..I am promising to myself and whoever might take the time to read my words, these things:

#1.  I will blog everyday...no matter how short or how long.
#2.  I will be true to myself and always be honest
#3.  I will write my novel everyday as well

As far as dieting...I find that when I'm writing...I eat a lot less, I am a lot less focused on food, when I am focused on writing.  I lost 20lbs while writing the first novel.  And while it might not ever get published, it will always remain my first novel!  Getting the words down, that's the hardest part...if I get lucky and one day it gets published...well that's just the gravy!!

Some really inspiring words I found today that prompted my starting this blog and got my creative juices flowing again...

You need to set out to write for you and you alone. You need to set-out to write because it brings you personal joy. You need to do it for yourself and that has to be enough.

Maybe one day, I will believe that I am enough...

love and hugs,
k

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the writing and with the blog. 40 is the new Day 13!

    ReplyDelete