This is me...

Hey there! So glad you landed upon my little blog spot on earth! I'm trying to keep it real and hold myself accountable and figured venturing out into the public just might do the trick! So follow me...I can only promise that I will be honest, brutally honest most of the time...so if you don't like that, then move on! And if you choose to stay...glad you found me! Join me on the adventure of my lifetime...it's the NEXT forty years of my life...if the first forty is any indication of the next...well, it will be interesting to say the least...



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2

I think I read that it takes doing something 21 times to make it a habit...so I here I am Day 2 of blogging.  It's amazing all the things you can find out here in 'blogger world'.  Everyone has a story.  Everyone has an opinion.  Everyone has a forum.  I guess the Internet has brought 'freedom of speech' to a level that our ancestors could not have begun to imagine or conceive.

And here I am....another woman, another wanna be writer...out here in 'la la land', hoping that I will get followers...yeah, I don't have any yet!  I guess I could announce it on my Facebook page or on twitter...or tell all my friends via email.  Instead, I'm going to just let it lie...see who comes across, see if anyone I don't already know, finds my blog and finds me of any interest.

I have found that writing is absolutely the best therapy for me.  Who knew?  I can think of a few...my mom for one.  She has always encouraged me to read and to write.  She always said I had a 'gift of gab'. Oh wait!  That has nothing to do with reading OR writing...that has to do with running my mouth about all things...things I know about, things I don't, people I know about, people I don't.  I have never been the kind of person that likes the sound of their own voice, and most of the time, I don't go back and read what I have written either.

Spell check is the most awesome tool EVER!  I just don't want to sound like a hick from the South.  Oh yeah...I don't think I've told you that.  I grew up in South Central Texas....for now, let's call it Joesville.  (No, there is no such thing as 'Joesville', so don't bother telling me that, please).

When I lived there, I hated it.  But looking back now, I'm grateful that I grew up there.  I hate to think how much wilder I would have been in a big city!  I was wild enough there!  But, it was a good place to grow up.  I see pictures and posts on Facebook from those who have stayed and are now raising their own kids there.  I think that is awesome.  It just wasn't for me.  I remember those years...I think it would be weird to run into someone I was so awful to as a teen in the grocery store.  I'm awful enough to people now!  hee hee

Okay...enough for today. 

I sent out some more Query Letters....nothing says LOSER like...Thanks but no Thanks.  I know it only takes one YES...so come on one YES! 

Until tomorrow....

Love and hugs,
k

No comments:

Post a Comment